It’s exciting when those great conversations online turn into something a bit more significant. But remember, when you take the plunge and head out on your first date with someone new, its always important to stay safe. Following a few simple rules can help to make sure you have a fun and safe dating experience that you will both remember for the right reasons!
1. Meet in a public place where you know lots of other people we be around. Choose an area you know well, that is easy to get to and get back from safely.
2. Always tell someone when and where you’re going arrange to call them at a set time to confirm everything is going well.
3. Pre-plan your route home, and make sure you give yourself enough time to get that last train home! Even if the date is going really well, there can always be a next time!
4. Make sure your mobile phone has plenty of battery so that you can call someone if you need to.
5. If you feel uncomfortable at any point, go home…Make your excuses and don’t feel bad about it.
It your date is worth their salt, they’ll completely understand your causation and will hopefully be taking similar steps themselves.